This is an update to the original newsletter sent out by us on 1/3/11, which includes a full package upgrade option now. If you missed the original newsletter, please click [HERE] to read full details of the current issues with USPS API.
For clients using OSCOMMERCE with USPS Shipping Module turned on, this important notice effects you regarding:
1. CURRENT ISSUES: Changes made by USPS on January 2nd, 2011 which is creating issues with USPS Shipping Module. Specifically changes to the method names sent back to oscommerce are creating various issues with recording an order with proper method names and quotes (see original newsletter for details), including INTERNATIONAL shipping quotes no longer working at all.
2. UPCOMING CHANGES: Upcoming required upgrades to USPS Shipping Module must be made by no later than May 1st, 2011 to avoid loss of real time quotes.
In addition with the current issues created by updates made by USPS back on 1/2/11, USPS announced on 12/17/10 that as of 5/1/11 they will be retiring their current DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL API methods your sites use to obtain real time shipping rates from USPS servers. At the time of the original newsletter, we were offering a patch for the issues created by USPS January 2nd updates, and announced that we were in the process of trying to obtain the new API documentation so we could release a FULL UPGRADE PACKAGE that included both A) patches for the method name issues and B) full API upgrade.
We are happy to announce that we received the new API documentation from USPS back on 1/12/11 and have completed our new USPS METHODS SHIPPING MODULE UPGRADE PACKAGE, which includes everything required for your site to continue receiving real time shipping quotes. This new package has been successfully installed onto several client sites, tested, and fully debugged as of earlier today. Total cost of this upgrade package for sites which have uncustomized USPS Methods shipping module is $260. Average installation time is within 1 business day, but may vary based upon number of orders we receive on a first come first served basis.
1. To place an order for this upgrade package, please call us during normal business hours, or click on the CONTACT US link to place an inquiry about this, or reply to the original email you received. You will be sent a contract & invoice for work with the scheduled date to start and complete this upgrade based upon current number of orders.
2. Due to the expected high number of orders for this upgrade, all orders are prepaid only via your credit card on file or via paypal.com (paypal invoice will be sent).
3. Any clients who have previously purchased the upgrade patch announced back on 1/3/11 will receive a discount of $40 off this price. To ensure receipt of this discount be sure that you mention your previous order.
Again ALL CUSTOMERS using USPS Shipping Module with oscommerce MUST get this upgrade done as soon as possible to ensure your real time shipping quotes continue working properly. You are welcome to wait until just before USPS retires old system but please be aware of the following:
1. Non-Patched Systems: If you did not opt to have the patch installed prior to this announcement, your USPS Shipping Module WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY! This full package upgrade includes that patch.
2. Deadline: Deadline for placing orders to ensure upgrades prior to the May 1, 2011 cut off date, is 4/15/11 for guaranteed installation prior to this date. Any orders placed after this date we shall do our best to install prior to May 1st, but cannot offer any guarantees.
Please be aware any clients who do not place an order for this upgrade package prior to 5/1/11, we are not responsible for any loss of orders. Please contact us if you have any advanced questions pertaining to this upgrade, or want to request a detailed list of everything that this package includes.
Below is a list of frequent questions and answers we have received so far regarding these issues.
Q: If I did the initial patch , will I still need to do the upgrade?
A: Unfortunately yes, the upgrade will still need to be done prior to May 2011 in order for your site to continue using USPS Shipping Module after 5/1/11. We are however offering a $40 discount off the total price of this package for clients who did purchase the patch before this become available.
Q: Does this upgrade package include the patch plus the new API system needed to ensure my site can continue giving shipping quotes after May 2011?
Q: How would this effect my oscommerce store if I waited to do the full upgrade package later before May 2011?
A: You are welcome to wait of course, however please be aware that if your site does actively use USPS and cannot temporarily use an alternative shipping carrier module, that you WILL experience all of the issues mentioned in the prior newsletter.